Thursday 17 February 2011

Browse » home» » » Wooden Chalkboard Compass

Wooden Chalkboard Compass

Advertise


We're starting a Geometry block at school and I needed a chalkboard compass. I know I could buy one online, but where's the fun in that? So I whipped up a prototype late last night and early this morning (pre-coffee even - living dangerously!).

I tried it out today and it works pretty well. So well, in-fact, that it is probably destined to join my long line of prototypes that become users. The only complaint is that the pencil eraser is a little too slippery. I'll probably need to replace it with something that has a bit more grab on a dusty chalkboard. I don't know what that is yet...

Here's a shot of the compass with the tool kit:


And here's a shot of its first "bench test":



Quick, fun, and useful - ahh, life's good!


No comments:

Post a Comment